What do you think is the best all-in-one security suite and utility suite?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sweater, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I’m just wondering how many are using those all-in-one suites and if they’re really good. What suite are you using? o_O

2. smf

smf Registered Member

I have tried almost all of them and my favorite is probably one that hasn't been released yet. Kaspersky Internet Security 2006. This one doesn't seem to consume the system resources like many of the others. I also thought F-Secure's Security Suite was pretty good.

3. micaman

micaman Registered Member

McAfee InternetSecuritySuite2006!

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I have been trying out the various KIS 2006 builds as they appear and I have to agree. If you are thinking along these lines, definitely give this a try. The entire package is excellent, and you can pick and choose modules at install time if you prefer to employ alternate products for some of the different modules (e.g. firewall, proactive components, etc.).

For example, a specific configuration I'm testing now is KIS 2006 beta without the Proactive part installed, augmented with SafenSec (for the proactive part) and BOClean. KIS itself is more than sufficient if you want a single package solution, I'm just wringing out the mix and match compatibility possibilities, and this is one suite that has done a stellar good job of allowing that option. For reference, KIS 2006 itself is significantly faster than KAV 5.0 alone. In fact, on my machine the KIS 2006/SafenSec/BOClean trio is faster than KAV WS 5.0 alone.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.