What differences are there between CounterSpy v. 1.0.29 and v. 1.5.82?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by c0ltran3, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

What differences are there between CounterSpy v. 1.0.29 and v. 1.5.82?

I use Outpost Pro 3.0 that is a heavy program and that is endowed with an antispyware form.

From few days I've passed from the version 1.0.29 to the version 1.5.82 of CounterSpy.
    The result is that too many resources are hocked by these programs. I have tried to disable the form antispyware of Outpost but I still have too many decelerations.
    Now I don't know what to do: the best choice would seem to return to the version 1.0.29.

I also use Spyware Doctor (freeware edition) and Spy Sweeper (freeware - only scan the system) as scan on demand .

Thanks for the answers

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

There have been some changes within the scan engine; the current version is better able to deal with files that work together to resurrect one another when you attempt to remove them.

However I have noticed a disappointing reduction in the number of 'checkpoints' that are monitored realtime. Giant/MS-AS and CouterSpy were looking at about 59 critical areas of your system, but the latest CounterSpy is only looking at 32 areas - leaving some important things unmonitored. This is surprising considering the resources being consumed, much greater than Giant/MS-AS, though its response times to events is quicker.

There is no Script blocker in the new CounterSpy, which again I find regrettable.

3. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

Your observation is true, however my impression is what time the protection real time works, while first solo partly. My problem is to understand if the possibility exists to decrease the utlizzo of resources of the version 1.5.
    I have besides a' other doubt: are there differences of detention in the scanning on demand among the two programs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.