What cool shareware do you know of that turns into free limited version after trials?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    What cool great shareware programs have you ever tested and use that will turns into a free limited version after trials are over... and/or cool programs that are free and turns into full version after registration. :rolleyes: o_O

The cool programs that I know of that I have been using right now that acts like this are:

Registry Mechanic, Spyware Doctor, WinPatrol, Ewido, A-Squared, Ad-Aware SE Personal, Nero, ProcessGuard, and X-Cleaner. :D

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Re: What cool shareware do you know of that turns into free limited version after tri

Hi,
    Didn't Spyware Doctor turn payware about a month ago? It was free for a time, and then suddenly, you could only scan but not disinfect?
    Mrk

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Re: What cool shareware do you know of that turns into free limited version after tri

look n stop
    kerio personal firewall
    trillian
    regdefend

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the

I still use their older unregistered version...updated it, and pop-ups noticed to upgrade in their new version flashes but I am not tempted to install the new version. I don't know if it can still disinfects coz it haven't found any spywares yet on my system. :cautious: :blink:

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I wasn't aware Look 'n' Stop became a limited free program after the trial is up. I know Kerio does - it just stops using some features built into the full version. What features are dropped from Look 'n' Stop?

6. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

I think outbound control "application filtering"

betauser2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.