What can this be???

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Sir_Poisonblade, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know what virus or worm makes you lose your administrator rights in windows 98se?

It has happened to me and now I can't run regedit, dxdiag, install/uninstall programs and so on...

I just get a message that tells me: This "option" has been blocked by your administrator (or something like that)

Anyoneo_O?

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Probably not a virus at all. Have you installed sandbox software recently? Try booting into Safe Mode and checking User Profiles in the Control Panel.

Good luck.

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

I don't know of anything off-hand, I'm afraid.

Am I to understand that the applets you mention are also unavailable in Safe Mode?

I would recommend that you download and run the trial version of TDS3 from

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

Before you run it you should manually update the radius (definition) database. The link to it is on the same page above

Also, you may want to set TDS's sensitivity settings to maximum.

Regards,

Dan

4. I didn't know win98 had an administrator account o_O

5. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

It does if you create one but it doesn't mean much without some established profile policy (such as in a domain context)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.