What are these....

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by dja2k, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Here in the attachement are shown three entries that were found on my system with Trend Micro's Online Antispyware Scanner. What are they and shey they be removed. I have IESpyad and Enough Is Enough on IE 6, so don't know if they have something to do with the Internet Zone Mapping Entries.

dja2k

Attached Files:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The 2 dealing with Effective-i Inc are more than likely False positives since you say you use IE-Spyad and I would assume IE-Spyad2....given the Local_Machine entry you are showing :doubt:

If we could see what's at the right end of that reg entry we could say with more certainty.

Entries from IE-Spyad(Currrent_User) and IE-Spyad2(Local_Machine):

The IP 12.166.20.10 is Computer Wares which is part of Effective-I which brings us UCmore toolbar.

Attached Files:

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yeah that is what they showed, I wasn't able to get the whole thing and only realized that when I inserted the pic. Sorry about that, but yeah that is what it showed so thanks.

dja2k

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well I need help again just to clarify that these entries are safe. Are the buttom two new entries part of either samurai, secure-it, harden-it, enough is enough, ie-spyad, or spywareblaster with cutom block list. The first entry is from Trend Micro Antispyware...

dja2k

Attached Files:

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

This second entry is from Xoftspy and were added to ignore list. I know that I was told xoftspy wasn't reliable, but I just did the scan to compare to the Trend Micro's.

dja2k

Attached Files:

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Furthermore, this third entry shows the results from CWShredder. All three programs, Xoftspy, Trend Micro's Antispyware, and CWShredder are all up-to-date. What do you think about the entries in Xoftspy and Trend Micro's, are they referring to the same thing and if so, can they be ignored?

dja2k

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.