What are the "Must Have" extensions for Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Thanks, HTTrack works well. Is there a way to download only the webpage specified in the URL instead of the whole site?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

When setting up a job you can go into Preferences and mirror options. I think the options you want would be in the Limits tab.

3. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

Can you guys suggest a good way to manage lots of tabs (50+). Right now I use Panorama along with TabGroupsMenu addon which lets me switch groups somewhat faster without having to do Ctrl+Shift+E. However this setup lacks a number of things -

- hard to get an overview of tabs in a group. The visual layout in Panorama is useless after 10-15 tabs since thumbnails ecome so small.

- hard to close multiple tbas or move them between groups

- I'd like a way to group tabs from certain websites together - e.g. all tabs from this site, download.com, neowin.net etc go into a 'tech' group

- get alerted when I open a duplicate tab

Right now I use TabMixPlus which has no idea about groups.

4. max2

max2 Registered Member

Tab Utilities is so much better.

Yes the original add-on is not supported right now or maybe not anymore not sure yet.

Though someone revived it. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2742587

5. Nanobot

Nanobot Registered Member

6. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

That's a nice addon as well, though it also saving one by one. I ended up doing just that, because it seems it is faster than searching for a way to save them all at once.
    Thanks for all the suggestions anyway :)

8. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

9. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Adblock Edge (EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Fanboy's Annoyance List, Malware Domains)
    Calomel SSL Validation
    CS Lite Mod
    HTTPS-Everywhere
    NoScript
    Private Tab
    RequestPolicy
    VTzilla
    WOT
    YouTube ALL HTML5

Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus - disabled/on demand

... I recommend giving Private Tab a look. It's a handy addon, more convenient than opening a private window. It can be set up to have any new tab you open by clicking the tab in the tab bar be a private one. What I do is open a new one, then close the old one when moving from one site to the next.

VTzilla I use for link scanning. Usually I have to refresh the page after it opens or it'll stay in queue forever. You can also scan downloads before you download them, but I don't need that with SBIE & VT Hash Check.

I removed YouTube ALL HTML5 once Firefox added native HTML5, but then found half the Youtube videos wouldn't play. So I added the addon again and now all is fine.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  10. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Save Images is useful for saving multiple images in one or more tabs and images not savable via right click.

Using Tree Style Tab with tabs on the side is much better than tabs on the top when you have many tabs open.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  11. niki

niki Registered Member

A must have extension for Australis (when the stable one comes out) will be for me: http://aris-at-mozilla.blogspot.ca/

12. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

New search engine: Ecosia

http://www.ecosia.org/browser/firefox

13. niki

niki Registered Member

The extension for Australis nightly has been released today: Classic Theme Restorer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/ and Classic Bookmarks Button: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicbookmarksbutton/?src=userprofile

I'll wait with installing above extensions until the stable Australis will be released which could probably be around March/April of next year? For you guys who like to be on the bleeding edge in using nightly. :cool:

14. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Trying-out the SecretAgent add-on (with Pale Moon 24.1.2) as discussed here Thanks :thumb: it seems very worthwhile, and could end up a definite "Must Have".
    Only slight irregularity I've noticed so far is that I'm not sure it can constantly maintain whitelisted status following page loads on certain sites?
    Not on AMO, Secret Agent's Website

15. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Anyone have any comments on how well the MDL subscription works with adblock edge?

16. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Biscuit

(Use BetterPrivacy for Flash cookies.)

17. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ipflood/

18. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I tried this one and had problems importing and exporting cookie backups, so I switched back to CookieCuller.

19. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

I'm using FEBE to automate versioned backups of bookmarks and tabs to a different folder/partition. You need to use "User-defined backups" to back up the file containing the tabs.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  20. BoerenkoolMetWorst

I just learned about KeeFox and it seems like a good addon since it uses KeePass so you passwords are properly encrypted.
    I have a question to KeeFox users here:
    KeePass database is of course encrypted by the master password, so when you enter it, KeePass temporarily decrypts it to access the passwords. So theoretically, during this time it is vulnerable to attacks. KeePass has an auto-lock feature with customizable timer to lock it automatically after a certain time.
    But doesn't KeeFox need to keep it open during the whole browser session?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.