What Antivirus are you using now?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dja2k, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

I am using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i right now. Love it.

I might give NOD32 a try when version 3 comes out.

2. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

F-secure now and pc-cillin 2007 after it is released!

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Been hearing a lot these days about F-Secure, what is it about that AV besides a KAV clone that is good and the free license? I used it back then and it was heavy on resources. Is it still the same and is the suite any good?

dja2k

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Avg Pro + Ewido.......makes system light...... Im curious about the New Mcafee though firewall spyware av

TMIS 2007 almost made my pc crawl.good god im leaning of that now

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

6. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Nod32 on my desktop and laptop. I was using KAV6 on my laptop, but it was causing BSOD when shutting off the internet connection, so have changed back to nod32.

Thanks

7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

In the article is the following:
    So all other AV companies uses these five´s code to ther AV´s?
    I assume he claims his company is one of the five. I wonder who the 4 others are?

8. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well like everyone else, I applied for my free F-Secure license and its running smoothly. As a matter of fact, it is running smoother than Kav here. Might be on the bigger memory footprint, but will see how it goes. Who can argue with free licenses...

dja2k

9. robatwork

robatwork Registered Member

NOD on PCs, etrust on Server, Avast free at home. Hated F-Prot (slowed to a crawl), hate Norton (not got time to list reasons)

10. TAP

TAP Registered Member

Me too.

I'm so surprised about the fact that F-Secure (free license) runs very smoothly, light (fast) in real-time performance on my machine. F-Secure is as light (fast) as well known light AV I've tried such as AVG, avast!, NOD32, eTrust, Avira on my machine even F-Secure seems to take so long to do an on-demand scanning but that's not a big deal.

I really don't care about how much RAM F-Secure takes as long as it's still fast in real-time performance and doesn't slow my machine down. :-*

11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Vba32.No suite.

12. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well F-Secure on its first attempt to scan my hard drives fronze my whole system, restarted, and now it did scan normally. Don't know what happened, but that was the first strike on F-Secure's list. The on-demand scanner on the F-Secure took less time to scan all of my four hard drives than the actual Kav 2006.

dja2k

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  13. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am hoping that F-Protect will be out of beta and tested soon by AV Comparatives. I assume it won't be ready for the August test.
    It has a following of some sharp folks, but it will have to greatly improve its detection rates before I will be interested.

Jerry

14. Unity

Unity Registered Member

Dr Web after using Kaspersky last year. So far i really love it , just the features i really need and a very competitive price when you migrate from another AV :)

edit : and no suite...i REALLY hate that kind of big fat monster :ninja:

15. proll

proll Registered Member

Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security;)

Great

16. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Currently using Nod32 & ZA Free.

When OA's FW comes out will try OA AV w/FW.

17. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Interesting read. :)

Money :p through max. of sales. "I just want to make a great product". Money does not seem to be everything to him. Not interested in selling the company either. :thumb: Good for him. ;)

18. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Dr.Web and F-Prot beta v6. 2 great AV experts and character - Igor D. and Mike. ;) Where ever they move, so will my choice of security!

19. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Of all this AV's out right now, beta or not, which suite looks like it will include a very good firewall? TrendMicro's looks good and so does Kaspersky's. Any others?

dja2k

20. colt45allstar

colt45allstar Registered Member

Kaspersly 6.0

Was a very close call betweent it and Nod32.... Both of which I trialed and both of which were quite impressive.

In the end simply felt Kaspersky was the one for me.

21. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

WOW! Don't try to uninstall F-Secure, it won't like you. Just trying different AV's here, messing around, and well F-Secure doesn't uninstall clean in my computer. Left most of the startup files plus the service and a 47 MB folder. Can't install it again to remove it because it detects the previous version. If not that, then it will keep tell you an error "rename operation pending, please restart" which will not work if you restart though. Guess I have to re-image windows.

dja2k

22. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

KIS, both final and MP1 beta. (In different snapshots of my system, of course.)

23. Antus

Antus Registered Member

Currently I am using VirusChaser, it works well on my computer, low on resources, updates 4 to 5 times per day, scans very fast and so far detection has been very good:)

24. lodore

lodore Registered Member

dja2k if you want to fully remove f-secure download the f-secure removeal tool from there website or email them and they will send it to you

25. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I don't doubt the facts of what you say. It just shows that all systems do not react alike.

I have installed and uninstalled F-Secure either 2 or 3 times without any problems. Again, that is just my system, and not necessarily the same results on others.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.