What about Zemana AntiLogger?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Killtek, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Less

Less Registered Member

deleted

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

very good product

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

agreed :thumb:

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

agree too;)

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i will say that zemana antilogger and or sandbox type protection will be a killer security set up:) anti-action(keyloggers)+jail(sandbox) ;)

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

7. runoades

runoades Guest

One of the best Turkish made pc security programme but its not free :'(

8. firzen771

i agree with that :thumb:

9. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,
    Even in the view of North Americans, it is still a big Plus.

You can use it for free. Another huge plus. :)

10. shift

shift Registered Member

i found one key logger that looks like a software, double click on it and KIS can't detected, ESS can't either..
    but zemana can...

not bad

11. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I have never heard of a person in "real" life ( not the web ) that had an active keylogger in its system. Actually I have read about active keyloggers only on the web...and that...from users that had lost access on forums or services...and this for sure is not the proof of an active keylogger. Many other things could have happened ( attention I don't say that keyloggers don't exist or that they don't work )

For me keyloggers are a threat for a small % of users. Those that don't care about their security and treat the pc like any other electrical device. Keyloggers are effective on those persons that in real life for example will write their pin code ( secret code ) on their credit or cash card.

I also find stupid for someone to create a keylogger as a standalone malware. It has more sense if there are keylogging functions in a more complete malware.

On Zemana's web site you'll see an example...they protect you during transactions or e-banking. I shop online many years and my method is one and only. I use my linux machine or a linux live cd for that job. Can a keylogger defeat my method? And my method costs 0. So those 39.50 $ can be invested on other sectors of my security setup.

12. firzen771

antilogger doesnt JUST protect against keyloggers, it protects again all malware with its system defence module

13. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

So you mean the hips component. If that's the case then for 39..$ you can buy a better hips.

14. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

But then other HIPS may or may not have the same anti-logging functions. There will always be multiple alternatives such as using a frozen OS snapshot, hardware keyfobs for one-time passwords, etc. As many have said on this forum and other places, different solutions suit different people and different hardware/software setups.

15. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Basically in theory you're right, but allow me to say that in reality that is not true. Security is not installing all kind of security software for just in case.

As you say other HIPS may not have the anti-keylogging features of Zemana, but also Zemana may not be as good hips as others or it may miss some other features of others programs. So everything is relative. What makes things more certain is the price of Zemana. Absolutely overpriced which is for sure an indication.

I agree 100% with you when you say "different solutions suit different people and different hardware/software setups".

16. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

NoIos, have you actually tried Zemana yourself, seen it working in real time, or are you simply bashing it on account that you have to pay for it :rolleyes:
    For what it's worth I have had it stop things that everything else missed including Edge and ESS.

17. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Are we serious here? Where have you seen the bashing?

Tell me one thing that I said and it's bashing or lie.
    I have stated:
    - It's overpriced. Can you deny that? I'm not the only one who said so. I'm actually one that buys software. But 39+ for one year license?
    - It's an anti-keylogger. Actually they decided to call it that way...Antilogger...so they mainly focus on prevention of keylogging, screenlogging and that is their marketing strategy. I believe that with my rest of security arsenal and my type of usage of the pc...I don't need an antikeylogger. Is that bad? I think I can have an opinion and express it. If you've read my previous posts...I've said that I don't use any software for my protection during transactions...just a linux live cd. So I'm not promoting something else. I'm just stating an alternative. For sure there are other sensitive data that a keylogger can capture...but on my pc and believe on pcs of the average user...the other sensitive data are mainly usernames and passwords for online communities, forums or some services...hey you can avoid typing those with other methods too. For me is just that...I cannot add an extra software on my PCs...specially paying 40/year...when I can do otherwise. I still encourage users that feel the need to have an anti-keylogger on their systems to install, try or buy Zemana. I don't have that need.
    - Then you'll say that Zemana is not just a keylogger. Right. I've already said that. But...
    1. I cannot have 2 or 3 hips running on my system. For example Online Armor...my current firewall..also has a hips type component. Do you believe I need a second hips on my pc when at the same time I use sandboxie and other security software like Edge, Antivir and Shadow defender. I don't think so. If you want to convince users that they need 10 real time protection software feel free to do it, but you cannot convince me. Me and my friends, have pcs that run just with the windows firewall and drivesentry or just another single security software and we've never had security issues...not a virus...not a trojan...not a spyware...and for sure not a keylogger.
    2. If you want a great hips...you can buy one cheaper than the 39+ of Zemana.
    3. If you want the specific combination that zemana offers then go on and buy Zemana.

You're talking about trying Zemana. Well yes I did but what about it? Do you believe that installing it on one of my PCs and using it for a week can really make a software show its capabilities? That's why I have never said that Zemana does not do its job. I'm sure that it does...but I leave the testing to others that have really the knowledge and the means to test in depth a security software.

These are the things that I have stated in my previous posts. I see no bashing...no lies. So if you have something else more interesting to say...I'm here happy to discuss with you.

Best Regards,
    NoIos

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  18. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Any security program asking 40 euro's for a year license is overpriced unless its an all in one suite featuring all major technologies

19. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,, Pals:

Zemana Al is FREE for now !!!! ONLY if

you have a common sense to find it (the KEY), Let us worry about the fee,
    when it asks for your $$$, euro, etc , etc or what it may be.

Be happy and enjoy it. Using it is not the END of the world. ;)

20. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Any reason why you can't just say how to get a free license?

21. firzen771

cuz then they wuld loose money and probably change it so that u wont get a free license anymore...

22. osip

osip Registered Member

I think antilogger is not a just description...you also have the system defense which I beleive is some sort of IDS...Anyhow, a very nice product, and the very best is that its light and not interfering with other sec apps...The free one year beta code is definitely worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.