What a nice surprise

Discussion in 'hardware' started by spy1, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

After having this computer for about five years (?!) and having been told by the tech support people at Compaq/Hp that the 1GB of RAM I had in it was all it would hold, I went to Crucial's website last week (after having bought 2GB of Crucial RAM for the wifes' computer from them) and ran the little tool there that would give me suggestions for new RAM.

It told me that the computer could utilize 2 1GB sticks in place of the 2 512 MB sticks I've had in there for quite awhile.

So, holding my breath (and hoping I wasn't waving bye-bye to my $79.34) I placed the order and got it and installed it today.

It worked.

Wish I'd've known this a few years ago. :D Pete

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I've had no problems with cruical (UK), the last time I purchased ram from them was a few months ago late at night around midnight. It arrived on the mat the following morning. Support is very good also.
    I was told most computer shops (here anyway) always check with Cruical.

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I filed the claim that involved price fixing by Crucial and other memory dealers a few months ago. I hope to get a nice surprise in the mail later as well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.