WFN - Windows Firewall Notifier 2.0 Beta

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by guest, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have had no problems with WFC, but can you run WFN alongside another firewall? Because I don't want it to mess up things. Last year I tried to run TinyWall and WFC at the same time, that was a bad idea.

2. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

It might conflict with WFC, although I'm not sure. When you launch the WFN.exe executable is it creates a scheduled task to launch the notifier.exe when you log in. Besides viewing application connections, it also allows you to access the Advanced settings directly for viewing or creating/modifying rules. You'd be running two applications that have direct access to the Windows defender fw filtering platform.

3. guest

guest Guest

WFN - Windows Firewall Notifier Nightlies / Unstable (March 16, 2020)
    Download
    WFN 2.1 (To do / In orogress / Done)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2020
  4. guest

guest Guest

WFN - Windows Firewall Notifier 2.5 Beta (January 5, 2021)
    Download
    • migrated to .NET 5.0 (the alpha went through .NET Core 3.1 first, but 5.0 was here so... why not)
    • new layout and design.
    • fixes and improvements.
    • an important one (do not miss it!): Notifier will now run in the background and will stay open, if you enable notification. This fixes all CPU related issues, and multiple Notifier.exe process spawning as well. Please tell us if the "old mode" was best for you, I might reintroduce it later.
    • libraries updates (note: the used libraries and dependencies will be added soon in the about page - the main change being Oxyplot for the bandwidth graph instead of a custom one).
    Versions
    You can either pick the AnyCPU build (if you already have .NET 5.0 installed), or the x64 / x86 builds depending on your CPU if you want a standalone version (which also offers better performance).
    Please note that the IP database is always embedded, if you'd like a lighter version without it, feel free to tell.

Disclaimer
    As usual, this is a beta release, not all cases have been tested and you might encounter unexpected behavior. Please report them in the Issues page (or open a new discussion through the new GitHub feature if you have some ideas, improvements, and so on!).

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Sorry forgot to reply. Thanks for the info and then it's probably indeed not a good idea to combine it with WFC and TinyWall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.