well i thought i could go back to nero 8...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Yes it can create video DVDs from a VIDEO_TS folder.

2. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

oops. :oops:

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

no biggie man just that i have issues with nero and as well with nero lite/micro. i can not get them to run for more than a few uses before it tells me my key is no good which i bought from ahead directly and cust support also issued me abrand new key after MUCH arguing on the phone with them.. and trust me i will not go through that again their cust suport imo stinks..

i can simply close the program and re-open it a bunch of times and eventually it will let me use it for maybe one or two uses then back to the same thing again.. no thanks. i LOVE ashampoo just wish it was a bit more advanced instead of simple click and go.. those programs are not what i like. i want full control over what im doing though click and go is nice for simple tasks which is why i keep ashampoo installed anyway. im going to spend some time with imgburn this weekend again to try the newest version and see how well it works. i remember though i had some burning issues with it last time around and i got a number of coasters that burned fine with nero or ashampoo or even gear, so ill have to test it before i rely on it for important burns..

but nero once again killed my vista upon uninstalling nero.. i literally had to format and reinstall losing a LOT of stuff i needed and due to a issue with acronis i could not restore my image of that drive so nero is out from her on never again and ill always suggest the same to anyone else

4. zfactor

hmm imgburn is decent no doubt..

id really like something closer to nero's layout though.. im not really fond of this layout.. ill prob use imgburn till i find something else..

any other suggestions??

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

If you have .NET Framework 2.0 on board, IMO it's tough to beat the already mentioned CDBurnerXP. It's not perfect but it's pretty flexible...
    http://cdburnerxp.se/

6. WSFuser

7. zfactor

i have uninstalled .net 2.0 so the xp one is out i guess. thanks for the patience everyone.. i do appreciate all the suggestions.. im def checking these out. i actually thought the star burner recc by belg was great minus the fact it TOOK FOREVER to convert mp3's over to audio disc.. i mean nearly 15-20 min for 10-12 tracks.. then still the time to burn.. way to long imo it also does not delete them when its done you have to manually find them and delete them and it writes them over again as a .wav file so there are doubles on the hdd that can take up space fast if you dont do it all the time..

anyone know any more about that romeo burner one?? that one looks nice but i have yet to try it. im going to set up a test pc i think so im not having to keep restoring after all these uninstalls..

before i go nuts with all these which ones have the more advanced features similar to nero?? again im not looking for a "click and burn" program... know what i mean??

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  8. WSFuser

If you still dont find any one software you like, Ill recommend (again) that you use two programs. Maybe one for audio, and the other for everything else.

9. zfactor

yeah i may have to i guess i was hoping for a one stop deal like nero.. but without the issues..

i like cd-da extractor A LOT for audio.. works great allows title changing to anything i want.. a great audio burning program..

i just really like the nero interface i hate all these new one click and burn things. i like to set things the way I WANT them not the way the program feels is best.. with nero i can do everything right down to booktype and all. not with to many others. they just lask the options. gear pro has prob been the second best to nero but lacks a lot of information. like how much i have selected to burn to a disc.. i mean c'mon?? so i have to click burn for it to say i have to much or add it up as i go.. seems stupid for a program thats 99$..

i can say ashampoo has burned stuff even nero will not though like the backups for my pioneer nav system nero refused to do it on the dl's ashampoo did it perfect first time around..

10. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I know of other people experiencing burning problems with Sateria as well. I have always had very good luck with it. Data\audio\video\ISOs, no problem. Not a coaster yet. Running CD\DVD burner on my tower and Drop to CD on my lap top. Both XP. While my Wifes` XP machine does not like it either. Seems like it only burns the "short cuts" of the media not the actual. :doubt:

11. zfactor

yep same results for me the discs are actually empty after it burns them

12. ThunderZ

:eek: Do`t tell my wife that. :blink: I told her she was screwing up and trying to burn the wrong thing. :ouch:

13. zfactor

:D lol...at first i could read them on the burner it burnt them with but when i went to put them in my laptop there was nothing there!!! then i went and put it back in the burner i burnt them with and ..... nothing.. wtfo_O these are not junk discs either and i know they burn fine with the drive im using since ashampoo and nero both burn them perfect

14. ThunderZ

Scratching my head too. She has since moved on to other burning software. By Slysoft I think. I`m still using Sateria......till it starts producing coasters.

15. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

16. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

How about Alcohol 120? That's the only other burning program that I have tried that didn't make coasters and I liked it almost as much as Nero 6 Ultra. I too only use Burning Rom from Nero. I haven't tried Alcohol 120 in quite some time but when I get my free copy of Vista Ultimate from Microsoft soon, I will try Alcohol 120 again. I don't want any version of Nero past 6. I had an awful time with the computer before this one. No matter what I used it burned a lot of coasters ...even after the CDRom drive was replaced twice by Dell. The only two burning programs that worked well, burned ISOs with no problems, never made coasters, were Nero 6 and Alcohol 120. I don't like Ashampoo much. I have it but haven't used in a long while. Maybe I would like it better now...but when I got it, I thought Alcohol 120 was much better. Plus, Ashampoo made coasters.

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

17. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

18. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Just tried it and it looked great BUT on 2 machines it was sooooooo sloooooow.
    Doesn't like my hardware at all. I'm quite happy with Nero 6 and Imgburn but am always on the look out for new programs. I'm sure the program is fine but to me this is an excellent example of how hardware and software need to work together.

19. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I took a look at the Ones site and saw this (to me) somewhat humorous oddity... :)

Attached Files:

• Ones.png
      Ones.png
      File size:
      11.9 KB
      Views:
  20. WSFuser

The first statement probably means updates arent necessary to recognize new burners. It doesnt mean program updates are unnecessary.

21. zfactor

imo ones i didnt like at all. it burned discs soooooo slow. even if i set it to say 32x and it said it was burning at 32x it took wayy to long to do that.. not sure why??

i also dont like the fact that its a driver based buring program.. anyway ive been using imgburn and LOVE the newest version so far it has handled anything i have thrown at it. it has a steep learning curve for those that are used to the easy ashampoo or similar style interface but once you learn it it can do anything you throw at it..

22. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have used Prassi's Ones and it's very very good. The only reason I don't use it is because it cannot create bootable discs. I now use Complex Evolution (see here) and O really like it. It does everything I could ever want and now of the bloat of Nero. It is only 2.9 meg installed. It has a driver that allows for burning without admin rights. And it is portable. You can't go wrong with it. It's fantastic.

23. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Complex Evolution does indeed look interesting!. If my current choices fall short in the future, I may end up looking at it... :)

24. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

If you do end up going with it let me know and I can give you a copy of the graphics I use for it. I think they are better than the defaults.

25. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Imgburn 2.4 now means that I no longer need Nero. At 1.57 meg it can hardly be
    called bloated and if any other burner is faster I would be surprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.