Well crap, another snag for me help....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by quickdraw, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickdraw

quickdraw Registered Member

Someone help me out here huh. I've read in here everywhere that in order to image to a dvd-r you must first format it with a program such as InCd. I just bought the new version of Nero...version 6.6 I think, but every time I put in a dvd-r disk, I don't see any way to use incd to format it....in fact the docs say the only time incd comes into play is with RW discs. So how do I set TI up to image onto a dvd-r disc if I can't format it?

Thanks for any assist.

QD

2. Trying hard

Trying hard Guest

I don't know where you have read everywhere about using Incd to format DVD-r but the FAQ tells you how to write to DVD's
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#20

DVD-r is not supported AFAIK to write directly and DVD+r is only supported to write directly with Roxio Drag to Disc. INCD needs RW discs

You can use DVD-r with Nero if you use the 2 step method mentioned in above FAQ

Personally I use an external USB hard drive which I disconnect after backup and store off site. I find it easier than DVDs. UDF can be problematic.
    2nd choice would be using the 2 step method to DVDs

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

None of the packet writing programs support formatting DVD-R disks.

InCD only support formatting DVD+RW and DVD-RW disks. Roxio supports DVD+R in addition to the RW formatting.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.