Weird problem with my windows 7 machine

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by the_sly_dog, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

Hello

I have a machine that i clean upgraded to windows 7 x64 and im pretty sure it has been running smooth for the last 5 months. But last few weeks i have noticed very bad slow downs to the point where it takes minutes to even double click a file, svchost.exe can use sometimes even 800mb ram and even firefox as soon as i open it uses 200+ straight away,
    I have run various scans with x-y products all clean even defragged hdd all lastest updates installed

I`m sure pc is capable 4gb ram, quad core 2.4. ??

Any help would be awesome thank you very much for your time

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

check the event viewer logs for errors and warnings. also run chkdsk and check the drive

3. the_sly_dog

Cudni
    Thank you for replying :D i have run a chkdsk no problems and i also run a sfc /scannow no problems, Regarding the event log there is a few red ones in there error - kernel-tracing and dhcp-client errors

Attached Files:

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

You may have installed a software with a memory leak.
    A leak on a single application can manifest in leak on all active processes, I've experienced this in the past. Not the slowdowns though.
    You have plenty installed there, quite a bit of 3rd party services.
    Also, you may wish to research that Event Log errors, they are not looking good IMO (a service failed to start, etc.).

5. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

I found a link here

I notice you too have Symantec running and a problem with PNRPSvc errors. Bit of a longshot, though.

It might be worth reinstalling your firewall, and same with the system drivers ... network card drivers, etc.

It's going to be a driver corruption of some sorts because your PC specs are still relevant.

6. the_sly_dog

Thank you to all of you, I have managed to fix the problem :D

Keyboard_Commando: Thank you so much that link helped me to remove that error thank you so much

Seer: thank you i removed most of the 3rd party software to narrow that culprit down.. I removed shadow defender and now the svchost.exe runs at most now 95mb

Cudni: Thank you also for helping me my windows logs are now clean and the pc is running alot smoother now

Viva la Wilders security

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.