Weird problem with mail

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by papa33600, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papa33600

papa33600 Registered Member

Hi,

this problem is a bit long to explain. So, I have problem retrieving e-mails on two accounts. I get an error 0x800ccc0f. Now if I restart my computer, one account or sometimes both may work perfectly well. This until the next reboot, after which it might not work again, and so on...
    ESS seems to be the cause of this problem, which I noticed as well with Kaspersky, but not with other antivirus software, like Norton or Bitdefender.
    Has someone the same experience? A solution?

Thanks,
    papa33600

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

i used Eset AV RC1 but no problem on receiving email (2 POP3 + 1 Exchange Account). I used MS Outlook 2003. What mail client do you use ? Have you try to disable ESS and see if you can receive email correctly ?

3. papa33600

papa33600 Registered Member

the problem can be reproduced with several clients. I use thunderbird and windows live mail.
    And if in protocol filtering, I uncheck the box "enable application protocol content filtering", then I can retrieve my messages, so this seems to be an ESS issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.