Weird experiences with Eset support

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Skuto, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skuto

Skuto Registered Member

Hi all,

I had some weird experiences with Eset support. I noticed some bugs (related to unpacking) in NOD 2.12.3 and sent an email to support, together with some questions. To my pleasant surprise, I got a fairly quick answer that was also very well written in addressing my complaint, and asking for the problematic files (the guy answering the support email was Nigel Cook). I congratulated them on their excellent service.

So I replied with the problematic files, and some other questions/remarks.

...and that was the last thing I ever heard from Eset. I never received any confirmation, no more replies despite sending some more mails, no replies to reported samples, nothing at all.

And the bugs are still there, too :(

Wtf happened? Any similar experiences?

2. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

You don't indicate the time-scales. They may be working on a solution; and don't forget it's Christmas ;)

3. Skuto

Skuto Registered Member

It's been almost two months since I heard anything.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Skuto,
    please drop your original email to support@nod32.com with a link to this thread. We certainly respond to emails almost instantly so we need to investigate what happened.

5. SteelyDon

SteelyDon Registered Member

What's "Wtf?"

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have sent you a Private Message.

Cheers

Blackspear

7. Skuto

Skuto Registered Member

Ok, mail sent, will see what it gives.

Other question:

I had a weird situation some days ago, I did a manual "in-depth analysis" of the entire disk and NOD32 suddenly picked up ServU in my windows system:

c:\windows\system32\msnmsgr.exe>>aspack v2.12>>Win32/Servu-deamon

I had mixed feelings here. NOD32 found it, good. NOD32 let it get onto the system, bad.
    How can that happen? I've since changed IMON from higher compatibility to higher efficiency for everything. But it worries me something NOD32 knows about got past.

Didn't find anything in my downloads folder that triggered an altert, either.

I sent a sample of the above to Eset but no reply yet (Ok, this was only a few days ago).

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 did not detect it before because the sample might not have been added at that time yet. Another possibility is that IMON did not check it for some reason (e.g. if your browser was set to higher compatibility mode) whilst AMON was not set to scan runtime packers.

If a file is already detected by name, there's no need to send it to Eset for analysis unless you are sure it's a false positive.

9. Skuto

Skuto Registered Member

Thanks Marcos. Browser was indeed set to higher compatibility (Firefox 1.0 seems to default to this - hrmpf). I've since changed this setting.

I also managed to get in touch with support again. Seems some emails got lost. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.