Websites not opening correctly in higher efficiency mode

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Marcos, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4now

4now Registered Member

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Works fine here with Opera 7.50 set to HE.

3. 4now

4now Registered Member

Oh really

I'm using 7.54

perhaps it has something to do with my low/high speed. Approx 100 kbs.

4. ceejay13

ceejay13 Registered Member

Firefox 1.0PR
    Windows XP2
    NOD32 2.12.3

cPanel on my Web Hosting. Some of the main panel graphics don't load and a lot of the selections don't work e.g. Webstats. Subdomains seems to work some of the time :~

5. chuckenheimer

chuckenheimer Registered Member

I have a webpage I'd like y'all to try in HE mode.

> http://www.co.harris.tx.us/pct8/default.html

and let me know why the JAVA applet fails to load as well. I'm using the very latest drop of Sun's JVM on WinXP Pro platform with all patches but for SP2 applied.

Thanks!

6. Marcos

Even with IMON completely turned off, I'm still getting an error applet not found.

7. chuckenheimer

chuckenheimer Registered Member

Marcos,

I'll report it to the webmaster. Thanks!

8. Marcos

Guys,
    do some of you still experience a problem opening certain websites in higher efficiency mode, or can it be enabled by default in the next component update?

9. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I have random problems with it running in Higher Efficency Mode. Various images will either get swapped around the page or not load at all. Sometimes reloading the page fixes it, sometimes not. On this site the graphic for threads with new content will sometimes not show up, etc. Unfortunately I don't see any real consistancy, some days it works flawlessly, other times nothing will show up right. Attached is a quick example.

Attached Files:

10. Notok

Notok Registered Member

and another..

Attached Files:

11. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

HP JetDirect Web Administration pages do not show all the controls, but only if IMON is set to HE with FireFox or IE.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  12. Mcht

Mcht Registered Member

I was having the same problem with .pdf files too until I enabled ActiveX. I use Avant Browser 10.0.031 and all it took was to remove the tick in front of the Disable ActiveX option in the Tools menu. Avant uses the IE6 engine but improves IE beyond recognition. With .pdf files now showing as expected, I have had no other browsing problems (yet) with everything set in IMON to Higher Efficiency except for a program called "cli.exe".

To the NOD developers, "cli.exe" is used by ATI (graphics card maker) for their Catalyst Control Centre 4.11 running under MS .NET 1.1 Framework. If set to Higher Effic, it refuses to run until set to Higher Compatibility.

I'm using WinXP Pro SP2, Avant Browser, ZoneAlarm Pro, and Billion 5100 ADSL Router.

13. mrbrimi

mrbrimi Registered Member

Not quite a "website" but QuickBooks 2005 (Canadian version) the autoupdate feature (qbupdate.exe) will not download/update large files under "higher efficiecy" works fine under "higher compatability"

14. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Guest

Almost all my apps work fine in 'High Efficiency' mode now that I've set 'Automatic Passive Mode' much lower at 512KB to compensate for my slower dialup connection.
    I have not had any issues at all with any web site anywhere since doing this.

I've only got a couple of apps set permanently to 'High Compatability' and as they use an authentication that is incompatable with the way IMON handles them in "High Efficiency" mode. The only real exception to this is 'GetRight' and I've directed it to automatically perform a command line scan of the file at the completion of each download so I believe I have the same effective cover......

And no problem at all.

15. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

Notok, I had a similar problem to you when I first ran NOD32 on a windows 98 machine. Had the same X's showing up like you posted here at the Wilder's website. Rebooted multiple times with IMON in HE and HC modes, and I still could not get Wilder's forums to display correctly. Emptied cookies, temporary interent files, and history multiple times before each reboot, and it was still a no go. Had the X's everywhere.

Here is how I fixed it. I think it has something to do with the index.dat of temporary internet files. It is known that the index.dat can get corrupted, and just keep growing larger in size. A corrupted index.dat can cause a web page to not open correctly on the first try, and you have to refresh to either load or display it correctly. What I did was I ran the freeware program CCleaner, and it is the easiest way I found to delete the index.dat and start fresh. The index.dat for temporary internet files, cookies, and history will be marked for deletion after running the cleaner, and then when you reboot, the index.dat will be recreated to default. After the reboot, my problems were gone, and all pages so far have worked correctly in HE and HC mode.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  16. JimF

JimF Registered Member

Another program is CacheSentry. It manages the cache for IE, and prevents index.dat from growing too large. It has worked for me for several years.
    http://www.enigmaticsoftware.com/cachesentry/index.html

17. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Thanks for the info. The screenshots are of Mozilla, and the problem would go away by setting it to HC, and HE seems to be working just fine in Firefox, however I will definitely keep your info in mind for when I come across that on someone else's computer :)

18. piktor

piktor Guest

Hello,

in higher efficiency mode the webcounters from
    h**p://www.webcounter.goweb.de/
    are only shown as a transparent picture. In higher compatibility mode everything is alright.

Examples:
    h**p://www.piktor.de/
    h**p://www.vampiresdawn.de/
    h**p://www.psionwelt.de/
    h**p://tiere.inethelp.de/

my system:
    W2k SP4
    Outpost 2.5.375.4822 (374)
    NOD32 2.12.3 (1.985)
    Opera 7.54u1
    TheBat 2.10.03

-piktor-

19. enemy

enemy Registered Member

I have a problem with my favorite chat with Higher Efficiency
    Url: http://www.skyradiochat.com/
    Browser: Mozilla/5.0
    Program: Firefox

My Computer:
    Mozilla Firefox
    WinXP SP1

20. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Not sure if anyone has a problem, but here is the site.

http://www.orangecountychoppers.com

This is with both IE and FF.

My pc is...

Win XP Pro
    SP2
    NOD 32 w/1.1026 (20050314) Defs
    Cable Modem User
    Outpost for firewall

NOTE: Happens w/wo firewall enabled.

21. Marcos

Works fine here, however, with slower connections it may take some time for IMON to download the whole 1 MB swf animation.

22. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

True but I am not on a slow connection. o_O

23. snoopy42

snoopy42 Registered Member

has it something to do with IE's popup blocker, just wondering :rolleyes:

24. hin123

hin123 Registered Member

The images cannot be shown in higher efficiency mode
    http://hk.yahoo.com/

IE
    Win XP Pro SP2
    NOD 32 w/1.1041 (20050330) Defs

25. Marcos

I turned off IMON completely and the images still did not appear properly. Also I would like to bring into your attention that there is a new beta 2.50 available, if you haven't installed it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.