Website logins not being saved in Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by EspressoGuy, May 17, 2020.

1. EspressoGuy

EspressoGuy Registered Member

A few weeks ago, Sandboxie started have a problem. When I login to a website that saves the password for the next visit, exit Chrome, restart and go to the website, it asks me to login again. Same thing happens with 2FA codes--on websites that have a "remember this browser" checkbox, each time I login to the site I have to enter password and 2FA code.

If I go to the website outside the sandbox and restart the browser, I do not have to reenter my password and/or 2FA code, even when I open the site within the sandbox. Chrome is set to not discard cookies upon exit. Chrome settings:
    • Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome is OFF
    • Allow sites to save and read cookie data is ON
    • Auto Sign-in (Automatically sign in to websites using stored credentials) is ON
    • Save passwords is OFF (I use a password manager extension)
    I uninstalled (discarding INI file) and downgraded to an earlier version , the problem persisted. I then updates to latest version, Sandboxie 5.33.3.

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

4. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

What you describe is not a problem but the normal (and desired) behaviour. If it did not work in this way on my computer, I would be shocked. :D

There are two different situations:
    a) You login to a website within the sandbox ---> After finishing the session and starting a new one (either within or without the sandbox) a new login (reentering the password etc.) is required (even if you had checked a box like "remember my password" or something similar!).

b) You login to a website without the sandbox (checking such a box) ---> The next time you do not have to login again, even when starting the browser within the sandbox.

Situation a) would only change if you decide to allow in your Sandboxie settings direct access to the cookies of your browser.

I quote from the Sandboxie-website (referring to Firefox, but I assume exactly the same applies for Chrome):

(source: https://www.sandboxie.com/FirefoxTips)

---> So it depends on your Sandboxie settings! In your posting you refer only to Chrome:

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.