Webroot's customer support

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Fly, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly

Fly Registered Member

There seems to be competition between Webroot and McAfee for offering the worst customer support.

Right now, Webroot is definitely far ahead !

A good reason to avoid their products.

Note to Webroot personnel: please don't ask me about the incident, I won't discuss this with you.

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Couldn't care less about Webroot's support, not using any of their products; anyway - there's nothing like posting a rant which provides zero relevant information... o_O o_O

P.S. Everyone knows that providing the worst support has long been Symantec's domain of expertise anyway... :p

3. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Sooo, could you explain better why you mean Webroot's customer support is bad? What have they done? Not answered, not been polite - what? Pointless to make a thread just to write; "Webroots Customer Support sucks!". I dont see any logic in that.

It's like if I make a thread just to write; "McAfee sucks!" - but not give a reason why I think they do. That is pointless.

4. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I opened a ticket, and the 'answer' they gave me was incredibly stupid. If they had really read and understood my question, and wanted to give me a 'real' answer, even if it were not helpful, I could at least respect that.

It's a bit like they had 'seen' some of the words, but did not understand, or did not want to make an effort to understand, and they responded with a brief and stupid message that was vaguely related to the question. My question was clear and brief, and any intelligent individual with a basic knowledge of IT and Webroot's products, who would take the time to really read the question, could not have come up with an 'answer' like that.

(Btw, this was a technical support type of question)

This is not the first time something like this has happened.

Yeah, it's a bit like a rant, but also a warning.

I don't want to blame support personnel, management deserves the 'credit'.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  5. entropism

entropism Registered Member

I emailed them a simple question regarding their firewall 3 weeks ago (sent one per week in case it was lost) and they still haven't replied to me. Was a simple question, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.