So I installed Webroot on a test machine - again today. Immediately I can tell you it has issues with spiking the CPU. Test machine is a quad core 3.2ghz, 8GB DDR4 machine running a clean Windows 8.1 install.. Avira+Mbam(Chica)+Admuncher running on it. However I uninstalled everything but WSA, and the spikes are identical. For testing I launched various applications, and found Webroot spiking CPU as high as 40-45% in some cases, rarely less than 30%. For example in this shot you can see, Webroot spiked at 30% while Chica(Mbam) is at 5.5%, and Avira a paltry 1.7%. In my view, anything over 10% is unacceptable - for any application. Note that Windows 8.1 continuously flags Webroot as a 'resource hog' if you note the color changes, Webroot descends into orange warning area. Edit: The spiking happens during application load. In this case it is a fresh load of Opera. When Webroot is uninstalled, application load speed improves by roughly 58%. Which potentially may be caused by the CPU spikes from Webroot. I've tried Webroot on default settings, then trimmed it down to ONLY the malware protection, same result. I've also trimmed settings down to scan on application launch only, same issue. I can duplicate this on multiple machines if necessary.