Webroot SecureAnywhere

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Taliscicero, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I can assume all of Prevx's signatures are in the Webroot product? In the very base program "Antivirus" is Webroot SecureAnywhere just Prevx with some added Webroot technologies? I just got a copy and would be interested to know :)

2. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

It is heavily based on Prevx 3.0 technology, yes. It is a new program, however, it is safe to say the Prevx team saved Webroot. :)

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

these words should be wriitten into stone.:thumb:

4. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Basically WSA is Prevx 4 or should I say Prevx 4 is WSA! This is a good article to read that will answer many of your questions: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392059,00.asp

TH

5. imperium

imperium Registered Member

I've heard that it includes the Prevx and the earlier Webroot Spysweeper definitions, though an expert will have to clarify that.

6. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

Yes, it does contain the Webroot "in-house" definitions...that's how Joe put it when I asked him, if I remember correctly.

Basically I love this product. Near zero impact on my PC since they fixed the startup/login screen issue. Many if not all claim light footprint these days; very few live up the challenge. Especially not the one who really should, being a cloud product - Panda. Last AV-Test results showed that (for general slowdown) they were more than twice as impacting as Webroot. There were traditional AVs doing better than that guys, come on! :cautious:

Just being a "cloud" AV isn't the answer...being a GOOD cloud AV is. And that award goes to Prevx. :thumb:

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

And much, much more now as well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.