Webroot SecureAnywhere..First time rodeo

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by hayc59, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I cannot post in threads? I post here because WSA interests me in the good and bad ways. I have posts saying good things about WSA as well. I also have posted no pro-AVG comments other then in this thread due to the fact that's what i used to compare as its what i switched too, due to previous experiences.

You would let me post in every thread without issue if it was all pro-webroot and the only reason you get mad at me saying something negative is because you have a modified Stockholm syndrome caused by your use of the product making you "relate to it" as if you own a share in it and need to protect that mental investment.

Inb4 *Deleted Off-Topic Post* :shifty:

2. fax

fax Registered Member

and three... I think I (and most of readers at this point) understood your position on WSA and were you are now, but you can keep complaining about it, I personally don't mind :D

3. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

The simple answer is twofold:
    A: The vast majority of reports on the program are positive.
    B: If you're not sure, there's a fully-functional free trial with no payment info attached.

There will always be people whose systems are outside the norm and things won't work right for them. Whether they do something like bumping all the heuristics to maximum or running lesser-seen software that gets monitored, or have some ancient driver that exists only on their system because it's so old or have an obscure hardware problem. Then it's up to those people to decide whether they want to take a solid look at what is causing the issue, or just give up and move on.

Now, the really smart ones who have problems add their observations in a constructive manner and observe the general flow of data and information so they don't come across as "It sucked on my machine so nobody should use it! Arrgh!" people. Then again, those smart people are few and far between and more people go on a personal crusade for some reason. *Shrug* Others just post a not-useful "Well, it didn't work for me." type of message.

Then it's up to the buyer to hopefully perform due diligence and make their own decision on what's going on. Some will see the plethora of good things and try and/or buy it. Some will see one "bad thing", real or imagined, and have a moral outrage moment and start screaming about it. XD

There's NOTHING out there that's 100% perfect. But you know what...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="webroot sucks"
    1,020 results

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="kaspersky sucks"
    4,490 results

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="avg sucks"
    9,750 results

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="norton sucks"
    44,700 results

It is obvious. Webroot Sucks Less. ;)

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

As I've said to someone else, if problems occur on your machine with XYZ product I would have thought the logical thing to do is to investigate and find out why. I have had quiet dialog with several vendors over the years over issues I may have come across. Working with Support to nail down the causes and to find solutions not only benefits you, but others too. :)

5. fax

fax Registered Member

LoL, Excellent! You may want to suggest it to the marketing department at Webroot :D :thumb:

6. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Clearly no constructive comments in the prevx forum, just fanboys. Goodbye.

7. Der Alte

Der Alte Registered Member

" It is obvious. Webroot Sucks Less. " - Very true observation, and funny to :D

8. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Wow my first 'Rodeo' has turned into
    a bunch of :) men having a kitty-kat brawl!!
    hehehehe

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  9. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Eh, some people have a hard time with constructive things. One can bring up problems constructively, or one can piss off everybody they encounter. Seem to be too many of the latter in a lot of the world lately. The Entitled Generation... Generation E? eGen? *Shrug*

It's fine to be skeptical, but one also needs to use their brain behind it and not canvas for dirt. Seriously, nothing's perfect, so you can only go with that which is least imperfect for your needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.