Webpages not loading properly

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Jadda, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Hello.

I have a problem with some webpages that are not loading properly, while others do. The issue I have is that some webpages only display the text, on a white background. No images, or structure at all. It happened after I moved in to a new apartment, with a slow 2/1 mbps connection. But why do only some pages refuse to load properly? What is "stopping" it from displaying as it should. Like e.g. YouTube is fine, but photobucket.com is not. How come? Is it my internet speed? I've added a pic to illustrate my problem.

http://bildr.no/view/1261239

Edit: Please move it to the correct category if this is not the right place.

2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Clear all your cash / temp files / DNS Cache using CCleaner, then run SUPER Anti Spyware Free, scan your computer, clean what if finds, then reboot

3. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

i think it happens when the server which is hosting the layout of the website times out or takes too long for your web browser, refreshing the page a few times will resolve this. seems like you might have an intermittent connectivity problem

if normal refresh does not resolve it then try pressing SHIFT whilst refreshing.

4. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Done it. Nothing changed. Even tried ipconfig /flushdns

Tried refreshing it 20 times now, still the same. I don't know what to do, like, will it be resolved if I upgrade my internet speed? Then I'm thinking, what if that doesn't fix it? Causing me to waste money.

I've also tried to change DNS server, but no luck. It's irritating me. And it's only the same webpages, it's not randomly happening.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Jadda, perhaps stating your current browser and version (list add-ons as well) could help Wilders members make further suggestions.

6. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Yes, sorry. Using Google Chrome version 21. Only add-on is AdBlock, issue still there when disabled.

7. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

I can also add that I have the same issues with my smart phone. Using that browser also causes these webpages to not displaying correctly. So I don't think there's a problem on my side. Can it be something with the modem or something? I've also tried to change DNS servers, issue persists. So I mean, it has to be the internet speed, right?

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Try a different browser.

9. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Tried IE9, Google Chrome and Firefox 15. Same with them all. I'm clueless.

Edit: I connected to an open network (not mine), and it displays properly when connected to their network. I guess I got to call my ISP.

10. treehouse786

like i said it sounds like an intermittent connection problem which is causing the browser to stop loading all of the web page code. try rebooting your router and if it still does not work then ring your ISP to run a line check

edit;
    did you keep hold of SHIFT whilst doing it?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  11. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Yes, I did. What does it do?

12. treehouse786

it bypasses the cache and forces the browser to get fresh versions off all website code, on some browsers its CTRL you need to press but on chrome its SHIFT

13. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Alright, then I've learned something new today as well. :) I thank you all for the suggestions, but I will have to call my ISP tomorrow to get to the bottom of this issue. I'll let you know if I manage to fix it!

Thanks!

14. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Ok, so I called my ISP. No problems on the line between them and me. They asked me to connect a cable directly from my modem to my computer, as they suspected there might be an issue with the modem firewall or something. I hadn't tested that yet, so I went on and followed their advice. It worked! Then I connected my modem to my router, and a cable from router to computer. Not working ... It went from being perfect, to FUBAR. Then I disconnected my router, and went back to modem to computer directly. Working perfectly. So it seems like something gets "stucked" between the modem and the router. Any tip?

Perhaps I have to open a port? Seems like my router is blocking something from the modem. I have never done this before, so I have no clue how to fix it. I have a Netgear N300 router.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.