Web user guide for B&R 2012 free unavailable

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by WildarsNube, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildarsNube

WildarsNube Registered Member

Has anyone found that the web user guide for B&$ 2012 free is unavailable? I have been getting a the error "Server error 404. Not Found." for days. Is there a working URL for it? Failing that, is there a URL for 2011 user guide? I have the 2012 version installed.

2. WildarsNube

I noticed that whenever I start a B&R session in which I try to access the web user manual, I get the following message window upon exiting B&R (which could be significantly after shutting down the help window):

> Program Compatibility Assistant
    > This program requires a missing Windows Component.
    >
    > Check for a solution in the Microsoft website. If a solution is available, there will be steps you can follow to fix the problem.
    >
    > Program: A Part of Paragon System Utilities
    >
    > Publisher: Paragon Software Group
    >
    > Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Backup and Recov...\launcher.exe
    >
    > This program requires flash.ocx, which is no longer included in this version of Windows.

When I click on "Check for solutions online", I am told that I need Adobe Flash. However, my Firefox 8 plugins already include Adobe's Shockwave Flash.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  3. ParaFree

ParaFree Registered Member

I was able to download that manual on 12/31/11 at about 20:00 GMT. But at the moment I can't even get to www.paragon.com (was working ok a bit earlier).

Temporary outage ?

However, I just successfully used the following link to download another copy:

http://download.paragon-software.com/doc/BR2012Free_en_manual.pdf

P.S.: I know you asked about the web-guide; but at worst you have the manual ;-)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  4. WildarsNube

Well, that ain't too shabby, especially since the web guide is just a link to their PDF manual! The URL is http://www.paragon-software.com/docs/manual_BR2012Free.pdf . Note how it differs from your URL. Since yours works and mine doesn't, I think they just shifted file and directory names without updating the URL. Thanks for that!

By the way, in perusing the Table of Contents, there seems to be a focus on backing up to an image from which a partition can be recovered. I'm not seeing any words that I associate with making a bootable clone of an HDD. Does Paragon B&R even have this capability? Someone suggested finding a free version of Paragon Migrate OS to SSD, but it is no longer free and doesn't seem to have an option for trialing. Also, if I'm going to leave the freeware zone, I would expand my requirements to include proven user-friendly partition management and restart the search for an app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.