(Web Shield) Web sites with Mailware Bug?

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by gate1975mlm, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Hey guys,

I noticed sometimes when you visit a web site that may have mailware and you normally get that Webroot message box with the Allow or don't allow well sometimes I get no message box however the whole IE windows gets covered with some kind of overlay window and the only way to get rid of it I have to open task manager and close IE from there.

Has anyone ever seen this happen before?

And can it be fixed?

I saw this happen just the other day again however I don't remember the web site. But I am reporting this anyway to see if this kind of issue could be fixed when you run into a web site with mailware.

It happens with Secure Anywhere Complete 2012 Version 8.0.1.203 but not sure if it would still happen with the latest betas.

I would love to post a screenshot showing the issue but I don't have one right now.

I have seen this strange overlay taking over IE for a while now and it was only until this week when I relized it must be Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete causing it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Have you tried to disable Web Threat Shield via the main GUI>PC Security>And click on the Web Threat Shield button and turn it off to see if that's the problem?

TH

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We have recently improved this in the build currently still in the closed beta. I'd expect you'll see a pretty significant improvement when it's released.

4. gate1975mlm

No I have not tried to disable it. However I never got this strange overlay window before ever installing Webroot.

I am almost certain Webroot is the cause.

5. gate1975mlm

Great news looking forward to this build! And hopfully it will fix these strange overlay windows that I see once in a while. :)

6. gate1975mlm

I just sent you a PM about an issue I am seeing where the Web Shield is causing the whole screen to go white. And I have to kill the browser using Task manager.

Did not post here because of the web site content.

Thanks

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Truer words have never been spoken. WSA has a recipe that will be oven baked and ready to go later this fall that should, shut all the critics up. A long time coming, but it will be a stand-alone to envy all the others here. Nuff said.:argh:

8. gate1975mlm

Do you have some inside info? :p

9. Triple Helix

I'm having this issue also so Joe and I are going to do a remote session when he has time!

TH

10. Triple Helix

11. Triple Helix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.