web savings ebates?????

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by phatkid77, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatkid77

phatkid77 Registered Member

found this on the computer.....deleted all file folders but cannot remove in the add/remove programso_O?? tried in safe mode and online

"WJ view ERROR could not execute main could not find fileo_O?"

suggestions thanks

phats

2. phatkid

phatkid Registered Member

anyoneo_Oo_Oo_O ^^^

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you are comfortable navigating the registry you can search there for the entry. start/run/regedit/edit/find and do a search for the file. to be safe back up your registry before deleting anything.

4. phatkid77

just did and found nothing.......oh well

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Are you saying that you deleted the files and folder related to it first, then tried to run its Add/Remove Programs entry? If so, that entry was probably pointing to an uninstall file that you deleted when you deleted the folder.

Bigc is correct about looking for the uninstall string, but probably you didn't use the right search (find...) string in order to locate it. Try going here in regedit, and stepping through all entries looking for the one related to it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

6. phatkid77

found it in there on my second pass....not under wbsavings rather ebate web...... god you guys are good.......see if this gets it out of add/remove programs

phats

thanks

7. phatkid77

yep wasn't even there anymore....thanks again....not sure if it was effecting system, but i did not put it there so......

thanks again.......awesome

i wish i had 1/4 of the knowledge of you cyber genuis's (sp)

phats

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Just glad we could help.

9. fishburger

fishburger Guest

thanks guys! it fixed perfectly for me. (the uninstall in add/remove programs doesnt work, and i wanted it GONE). I appreciate the help, and know how much time it takes to help everyone with a problem.

10. Kestrel

Kestrel Guest

Thank you and thank you again! -Kes, from the peanut gallery

11. JD1054

JD1054 Guest

I also had a problem with Ebates on the Web (same as Phatkid) and used the info provided by LowWaterMark to correct it.. It worked smooth... Tnx for the info too.

12. Jaxhammer

Jaxhammer Guest

hey guys, i had the same prob, thanks for the help

13. speach4tay

speach4tay Guest

Just following suit and giving thanks where thanks is due. It worked for me as well.

14. tomouns

tomouns Guest

worked for me too. thanks!

15. hbpatel

hbpatel Guest

when i try to add/remove web savings from ebates i get an error that reads, "Error: could not execute main: the system cannot find the file specified." what should i do?

16. debbie

debbie Guest

I too get the same message, probably because I did what seems to be what others did. I found the files quite by accident and deleted them. I then tried to uninstall and it did not work.
    I went to the company website....try this link and send them an email telling what windows you have and ask how to remove it. I myself am waiting for a reply from them.

customerservice@ebates.com.

17. I have Web savings from ebates, I tried what you said and even searched for the correcte registry thing but it was to no avail and I can still see it, I ran Spybot and it said it removed it but I'm still suffering of the pop-ups and other problems (I assume it is causing them) so could someone please help me, I've tried all the other steps and spybot itself said it removed it, what do I do now?

18. Someone please help, I'm really worried about what this may be and before it installed itself I had no popups and now I have tons

19. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Attached Files:

20. Sorry about all this but I'm not allowed to download this isn't my comp, so can you tell me a way to get rid of it without downloading anything, please help me

21. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

HeadShotOmega,are you saying you installed this program,or it just appeared.im not an expert ,but you need to make clear if you have the same problem,as the others seemed to have had.maybe you should start a new thread but,if you have a problem you will need to DL,at least,hijack this,unless it's already installed.

22. It appeared itself and don't worry I think spybot took care of it that is why I couldn't find the registration key anywhere, sorry I think I wasted your time, because Spybot removed it for me, I'm really sorry

23. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

24. I have had this problem since i downloaded morpheus, You guys are great thank you!

25. anon

anon Guest

I still have the "Web Savings" option when I right click in an IE window...win98 with IE 6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.