Web Control Issues on Win 7 64

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by adza, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adza

adza Registered Member

Hi,

I've installed Eset Endpoint Security on my computer, and so far it seems as though I need to disable features just to be able to use my computer.

The first problem I found was the computer locking up when logging in. In the end I found that I needed to disable the Device Controller, and now it works OK.

However, the next problem I've found is that web browsing is extremely slow, or sometimes doesn't work at all. All other functions (such as email, ping, etc) come through very fast.

Most times the browser times out, but on the odd occasion I can get a page to load after waiting significant time. (Other computers not running EES on the same network are fine).

I found as soon as I disabled Web Control, my computer worked normal again.

So far - I've had to disable both Web Control, and Device control just to be able to use my computer.

I'm running Eset Smart Security on Windows 7 64, on a Asus G74. 16GB Ram. Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.2Ghz each.

Cheers

Adza

2. adza

adza Registered Member

I was just wondering - is there a patch / hotfix that might fix the webfilter issues. We have a client that is running ESS-BE that we would like to implement these functions with - but don't want to be running into the problems I've seen with all websites being blocked / slowed down.

Cheers

Adza

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have Windows 7 SP1 installed? If so, try installing this WFP hotfix as well.

Should the problem persist, I'd suggest contacting Customer Care and supplying them with a SysInspector log to find out if you have 3rd party software installed that might potentially affect http communication.

4. adza

adza Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for that. Yes I have Windows 7 SP1 installed, so will give the hotfix a try.

Cheers

Adam.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I noticed you mentioned that ESET Endpoint Security was just installed onto the Asus G74. Was there another security program previously installed on it? If so, how was it removed?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. adza

adza Registered Member

The only other security application was Eset Smart Security - which I upgraded to Endpoint Security.

I removed it by reformatting and reinstalling Windows from a normal CD

Best Regards

Adam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.