Weatherbug Question and Concern

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hello,

I am a "Plus" user of the program "Weatherbug" available at www.weatherbug.com. It features NO ads, and some other things. I don't really believe that Weatherbug contains any spyware because the only thing I could see wrong is the adware which I believe is in the free version being that it serves ads within the program. But I am not sure.

My concern is this... Weatherbug used to have (as of now, it's no longer found in the program) traffic conditions information. They now came out with a feature called VideoCast. The button for the Traffic disappeared without me doing a update for Weatherbug and also the VideoCast feature just suddenly appeared when I turned on my PC this morning within the Weatherbug program. I went to the Weatherbug website and that is when I found out it was a new feature.

Now I am just concerned that if there was no update needed for these things to happen... is my computer somehow "remotely connected" to the Weatherbug company and from there being spyed on by a live person(s) or how are they able to "remotely" add or take away things from the program (Weatherbug) without me having to do an update on my end?

Just concerned... and would like some advice.

Thanks,

Gracie

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Since you receive weather updates from them you are tied into their server. The revision was fed out from them without the need of you doing any update on your end. Similar to my DrWEB Antivirus or many other Antivirus's. Sometimes they do more than file updates, they will do engine updates without user intervention. I sometimes get prompted to do a reboot is all...:D

3. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Oh ok, I see. Thank you very much for the information Mongol :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.