Weak Cleaning ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by poutine, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I have read a few ( admittedly) rival forums and AV Test sites about NOD32 AV and ESS. (And dont ask which as i cant remember) And most of them conclude that both are quite good at detecting but not so good at cleaning Viruses malware and spyware. Saying that NOD and ESS always seemed to prefer to delete these objects rather than attempt cleaning them .
    Is there any truth in this or is it just the usual jealous bull...

Thank you.

By the way i have been a user of NOD for many years and am very happy with it, having said that it has never had to clean an infection on my sys !!

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

i think there are other AV that worse than ESET at cleaning :D

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello,

at the beginning I have to say, what is "cleaning" in ESET's language and cleaning & removing in general. Cleaning in ESS/EAV ensure automatic removing or cleaning. Cleaning is possible in virus's case, when database include cleaning algorytm. But in todays world are most spread trojans, adware, spyware etc. This types of malware isn't possible to clean, because one file is fully malicious. In v3 cleaning procedure has been improved. But I have to say that malware use self-defense, which causes problems with cleaning.

Regards

4. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

I've never understood why anyone would want to 'clean' an infected file.

Just delete it and move on. Why risk potential disaster?

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Because if these files were executables , more than necessary for people's everyday work , and if they have been infected by a file infector , then people would like to keep these files

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.