waterfox...yes or no ??

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by popcorn, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popcorn

popcorn Registered Member

Hi
    Is there any opinion on which version is better for privacy/security firefox or waterfox, Im running x64 W7.
    Also does Waterfox break any addons notscript ghostery etc, in the ten mins Ive been testing it all seems fine but all advice/observations are welcome
    Thanx

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Registered Member

Good question,
    I don't have an answer for you but I have a couple comments.

1. I would imagine that Waterfox would make it much easier to identify a user through Browser-Fingerprinting as it is not very common. However, it is my understanding that browser-fingerprinting is a theoretical threat and not something that has been put into practice. But if you are the cautious type I would consider this.

2. This is more of a question: Is Firefox more secure than Waterfox by virtue of being updated more frequently and maintained by a larger number of developers and testers.

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I don't know if this means anything but the user agent string is the same as Firefox.

What's My User Agent?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Registered Member

If Waterfox's user agent string is the same as Firefox my first point would not apply. Browser fingerprinting should be a non issue.

5. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I tried WaterFox and it ran fine and fast too. The issue I had was that add ons are not supported for the stuff I use. Until that changes I went back to FF.

6. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

waterfox? hell yeah nothing beats it ...yet , all my addons work with it and theyre more than just a handful ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.