Watch Ubuntu for Android in Action

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by vasa1, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. x942

x942 Guest

+1

You beat me to it! ;) I can't wait to see this in action. I hope it comes to the Galaxy Nexus :)

3. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Hopefully I would be able to port this on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, otherwise time to look for a phone where I can do it.

4. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Doesn't fill me with that much hope. I tried Ubuntu for the first time in a while a couple of nights ago - ended up ditching it to go back to something I can actually be productive on (openSUSE). Would rather use Android on a desktop with a keyboard and mouse than Ubuntu!

5. linuxforall

I started with SUSE in early 2000 and ditched it as soon as Ubuntu came out, am quite happy with Unity and actually miss it when I am on my LTS desktop.

6. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I started out on Mandrake and then Suse a long time back. Then I discovered Ubuntu. Been with it ever since...though I am guilty of giving other distros a try every now and then just to see if there's anything different about them. Usually there isn't.

Later...

7. linuxforall

My thoughts exactly, I do try others, I am a big time KDE whore so always look into them nice distros with fancy plasmas :D My new tryst is with Chakra.

8. x942

x942 Guest

Unity isn't that bad. It takes getting used to, but it's actually pretty nice. I prefer cinnamon for my daily driver, but this would be cool on a phone.

Plus it's linux so you could always 'apt-get install lxde' if you really wanted ;)

9. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

10. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i start with redhat 7 then 1st distro i use is fedora core 2 ....after fedora 10 i start using it as default desktop and tweaking is more and more like windows ways :D then i used to know there are other linux in the world too i started with ubuntu 7.10 open suse 10 and pclinux os 2010...... then ...............etc small list weird distros

1st Mandriva i ever used is mandriva 2011

and the funny silly part at that time i used to think only 2 distros in world redhat and fedora :D

11. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.