Warner Bros. to sell films via BitTorrent

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

If you can't beat them, join 'em ;)

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

The idea is good.. but..according to media here in sweden they are gonna charge normal price (wich is about $32USD in sweden) you get a copy to play in your computer, 1 copy to play in your portable mediaplayer and one DVD that is sent home to you. They still dont get it, why not let me download the movie, burn it so I can put it in my home movie system and watch it on my Plasma TV a couple of minutes after I downloaded it?

4. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

The real problem is that they, being ALL companies in the film and music industries, simply don't get it at all, and most likely never will. Because by not getting it and penalising honest consumers they think they stand to pull in more money for less effort, which appeals to their tiny avaricious minds.

Unfortunately, by not getting it, they are slowly but surely alienating their customers and causing the falling revenues that they are falsely attributing to the great evil of piracy. And they are too entrenched in their ways and much too greedy to do anything about trying to understand what the real problem is.

Me, I used to buy loads of genuine CDs and DVDs but I refuse to buy any now. I can live without their "content" and definitely want no part in the new digital revolution and all that the relentless creep of DRM into everything will mean. They can go to hell.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.