Want to Recover my DVD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pinso, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello folks,
    i just need some suggestions , you see i had my Drive Snapshot backup written on a DVD , normally i would use another Internal HDD , due to IDE issues i had to save it first on a pendrive and then write it to a DVD.
    My saved backup would come up to only 2.8 or 3 GB, hence i would write it to a DVD. Just yesterday i wanted to add few more application and start another backup but i ended up erasing the DVD first and then writing the new image, which had few bugs. When i checked the Task Manager i see extra processes running in the background.

Now i want to recover that erased data which was on the DVD, can someone suggest it their any application that can read back the data. I used Nero Express 6 to quick erase the data.

Or do i have to start from the scratch.

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  3. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Thank you Andyman: for redirecting me to the tools. DiskInternals CD & DVD Recovery 3.5 & OctaneSoft inDisc Recovery v3.2 looked promising but they were not able to recover the data ( i havn't tried the freewares ). After quick erasaing by Nero 6 : i had proceeded to burn another image , this perhaps rendered the DISC unrecoverable:

But i started from scratch and made two separate images on two DVD-RW.
    Well no case of accidents from now onwards:

THANK YOU:

4. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Check THIS out...;)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.