Want to change Firefox title bar text

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by harshale, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harshale

harshale Registered Member

Navigating to SpywareBlaster > Tools > Misc. IE Settings; opens a dialogue box which allows us to modify the IE window title text. I would like to have this same capability for FFX. Any suggestions? Can anyone suggest some sort of jerry-rig to do so? Harshale

2. danky

danky Guest

firesomething can do that, as well as nightly tester tools ;)

3. harshale

Danky
    Thanks for the lead...however after the download it seems Firesomething has version problems, I hit the forums and Google and the answers I found were not all that clear. I don't care to deal with that right now, this due to the fact that I'm the new guy in town as far as FFx is concerned and I'm still groping about with it.
    Nightly Tools looked promising, did a download, restart, etc. found nothing on my system, did a Find Files named Nightly, came up with 28 items....nothing executable. I then went back to the download dialogue, uninstalled Nightly Tools, rebooted, repeated my search, 28 files still there. I thought about deleting them but realized they might be part of the original FFx install. Yay? or Nay?.
    Also....while you're here...each time I open FFx it takes about 3 or 4 seconds to hit my screen. Is this normal or indicative of some problem. FFx is set as my default browser.
    Again, thank for your suggestions and I will welcome anymore that you might make.
    Harshale

4. danky

danky Guest

are you sure you got them from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=958
    and here
    https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=31

you can install directly from those website or the download nightly tester tools onto your desktop, and drag (or open it) in firefox, it will prompt you to install, click yes, restart firefox and it should work.. now that you have nightly tester tools install you can alternatively install firesomething by letting nightly tester tools overide the settings..

and by the way it's no way installed in programs, it's installed in your profile. start>run: %appdata%/mozilla/firefox/profiles

what version of firefox are u using..

5. harshale

Those were the download sites I used. After I read your last post I repeated the whole process...same results. I posted again seeking more info from you. However, I finally worked out a successful install of both NTT and FS. Actually very simple and straight forward to do. The problem has been my lack of any familiarity with Mozilla/FF/NTT. Terminology being the biggest part of the problem. I have now made the changes I wanted. So I have deleted my last post seeking more info.

I'd like to do a bit more if possible. Let me describe what I now have in my title bar and what additional changes I want to make if possible.

When I open FF or IE it brings up an image from "My Documents (study_clip.jpg)"

An IE - FF opening title bar comparison;

FF = study_clip.jpg [JPEG Image, 800x600 Pixels] - Firefox - HYDRA - MEDUSA

IE = C:\My Documents\study_clip.jpg - HYDRA - MEDUSA

What I'd like to do in FF:

Rename the "study_clip.jpg [JPEG Image, 800x600 Pixels]" to a description of the image, perhaps; "Visionary Art" (it's sort of psychedelic).
    I've not managed to work out the equivalent change in IE (SWBlaster Tools doesn't give that capability) so I'm stuck with what I've got in IE.

I've looked at Nightly Tester Options > Use custom title, no help there.

FS Options > Images or User-Agent string don't seem to offer anything either.

Perhaps the "study_clip.jpg" could be 'aliased' in Windows. If so I'm in over my head and will need help in order to do so.

Thank you again for your help to this point and anything else you may now come up with.
    Harshale

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.