wake from sleep network

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

sorry if this is a daft question. set up 4.2.40 all's fine no problems, i just put pc to sleep instead of shut down. when it woke i got the 'allow sharing/ strict protection' window?
    i now have 2 home networks, and wondered why this was?
    thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

the same ip address detected?

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

yes it's the same, subnet is different though?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what are the 2 different subnets? silly question, but does it keep adding new networks/subnets every time you bring the machine out of sleep? Did you place your network in Trusted zone?

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

no, i tried sleep and it didnt do it again. i attached a pic

Attached Files:

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

i've seen similar with another fw. Is 192.x.x.x wireless connection? if yes it could that because it takes a moment or 2 for it to reassert itself after sleep that Eset detects your local area (ethernet connection) first (169.x.x.x being default with no valid ip). I would leave as is (although you can delete but it might prompt you to create every time it wakes)

7. stratoc

stratoc Guest

no, it's just hard ethernet wired 192...is when it wakes from off and 196... is when it wakes from sleep strange. thanks for replies i will as you say leave it alone.

8. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

169.254.x.x is APIPA (IP assign automatically by Windows) - most likely meaning you didn't get a proper IP from your DHCP server. Which might mean that your NIC and hibernation don't get quite along.

9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

ah! thanks. you are quite right. my power and bios settings are wrong for sleep (it's sort of afternoon nap mode), i was just messing i usually shut it down. thanks for pointing that out.

10. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hmm looks like you cannot delete it.

11. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

You mean in ESS? Well, cannot test ATM, but first of all it'd be better to fix the real cause for this. Also, still seems like some bug in ESS b/c clearly the state shown is impossible - you can't have that IP in that subnet.

12. stratoc

stratoc Guest

sounds about right. i tried it with outpost and dr web (just out of beta) and cant replicate it.
    nothing wrong with pc set up. funny thing is i cant get eset to replicate it either!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.