Wait for usb device

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by friedmi, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friedmi

friedmi Registered Member

I have an usb contoled powerconnect. So it's possible to start the USB device by starting a program (trueimageservice.exe for example) The problem is that the USB Device needs a few time for start and drive letter assigning. Is it possible to set a time score for a sheduled task to wait for the deviceo_O Other wise the task is stopping with an error log because usb device missing.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Why not schedule a task outside of TrueImage to start the USB drive before TrueImage starts?

TrueImage expects all the drives to be available when it starts. There's no feature to set a delay while drives become available.

3. friedmi

friedmi Registered Member

The usb connect also switch power off when trueimageservice ends with backup. When I do it outside with a sheduled task I have to know how long backup needs. That's not comfortable while I'm using the usb device for several backups over the network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.