W7 Home Premium x64 Comodo 5.8 & CCleaner Users....

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DBone, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I posted this over on both the Comodo & Piriform forums, and have received no response. On my freshly clean install of W7 Home Premium x64, I downloaded and installed the newest 5.8 versions of both CAV & CIS (at separate times of course), along with the latest CCleaner.

In CCleaner's Uninstall / Program list, there are two Comodo entries listed, and not one like there should be. My W7 Programs & Features is fine, as is SlimCleaner too.....Just CCleaner shows a wrong count of two. Can anyone else confirm this on the exact same setup that I have?

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Yep. I'm running Win 7 Home premium 32bit with ccleaner. It shows two entries for me as well. Not really sure why though.

3. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Finally, thanks! I wasn't sure if it was just my machine, and Comodo seems not to give $.02. Thanks again!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  4. parsec

parsec Registered Member

/local/galaxy_cluster/milky_way/sol_system/earth
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Over at Piriform's forum they asked for a screen shot, but I have since re-imaged and have gone to my current sig config. Can either one of you post a screen shot here so I can link/post it over at Piriform's forums?

Thanks in advance!

6. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hey,

I'm not running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 but 32-bit and, yes, I've noticed two entries of Comodo firewall in CCleaner [latest version 3.12] uninstall tab.

However, in Revo Unistaller and in Windows Add/Remove programs, I only see one entry referring to Comodo FW. Hence, I think this bug might have to do with CCleaner, not Comodo.

Now, what I did notice it's even when I upgraded Comodo FW 5.8 beta to the final release version, the software version number shown in Add/Remove programs in control panel and in Revo shows the beta. However, when I check Comodo FW itself [interface--->About] it shows the correct version number so there must be a bug that causes the wrong version number to be displayed in Control Panel.

I hope Comodo people to address that minor bug.

Carlos

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.