W32.Spreder

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by spy1, May 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Off topic: Just an FYI, here is a link where someone is fighting this worm today:

Edit: Since this was not a related thread, I have edited out the link to prevent any confusion.

3. xor

xor Guest

Just for info... Spreader is NOT a worm it's a virus.
    And the thread you point out mike refers to a worm. John did also missunderstand this - because he did post this virus info - this virus has nothing to do with this worm.

Michael

4. LowWaterMark

Hey Michael - thanks for the info! :)

But, just to be clear... Are you saying these are two different pieces of malware (the one noted above, and the one in that other thread)? Or, did you mean some thing different?

5. Longthing

Longthing Registered Member

6. LowWaterMark

Ah, of course, now I see what happened. :rolleyes: Thanks!! ;)

7. xor

xor Guest

Spreader does infect *only* files in the Kazaa Folder - this means if you have there *.EXE or *.SCR Files this nasty writes itself to the top and appends the "normal" exefile. Kaspersky writes that the viruscode is around 60 kb and that a infected file can grow up to even 400kb - however i have here some files which are around 800 kb bigger after some GOAT-File infection tests.
    This virus is at least not dangerous, cuz he does not run (infecting) files if Kazaa is not installed. If Kazaa is installed it does only infect files in the Shared Kazaa Folder. I did receive many infections from GAV users - this "dumb" virus (he is really dumb) seems to spreading very well in the last 3 days over kazaa. He is very easy to detect even without a AV cuz he does create a logfile which files he did infect.
    it is only a guess from me that this is a "test balloon" and the "real" virus will follow soon.

Michael

8. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi spy1,

>http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.html?id=60322

>You guys got this one?

NOD is catching it - Win32/Reader.A worm .

Cheers, :D

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.