w2k sp3 update

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by snowy, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy Guest

received an un-confirmed advisory that w2k sp3 is now available......w2k users may want to check the windows-update site.

snowman

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Why not wait ?
    They will surely issue a patch for it shortly and then patch that patch. Everything should then be fine ! :)

3. snowy

snowy Guest

LOL....Mickey has a point there.....an a proven good one LOL

4. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi,
    I think I'll let someone else be the guinea pig :D :D :D :D

5. Kman

Kman Registered Member

Maybe not...

This is from Serdar Yegulalp's Windows 2000 Power Users newsletter for July 27.

>>Win2K SP3 Delayed -- Forever?

Maybe not forever, but the vibes I have been getting from lots of different sources seem to add up to that. The scoop appears to be this. Due to some severe bugs in the Microsoft Installer (MSI) 2.0 code, which was going to go out with SP3, the whole shebang has been put "on remand" until they can fix MSI. Until then, manual updates and hotfixes will continue to be released, although there's no telling when the whole thing will be ready to roll. Aggravating, to say the least<<

I hope it's wrong, but I've found this NL to be a very reliable source.

6. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

7. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

There is word in the BUGTRAQ mailing list that this will be officially released tomorrow (today by the time you read this)

Links were included and confirmed, so hopefully it is well tested - I'll be trying to get the full installer tonight, 125MB :eek:

8. Kman

Kman Registered Member

and thanks to Serdar Yegulalp for making my first post utterly ridiculous!

9. "Moderated and edited by Serdar Yegulalp, former Senior Technology Editor of Winmag.com, with over seven years of Windows experience under his belt."

http://www.thegline.com/win2k/

It is not what's under your belt,..but rather who paid for the lunch :D :D :D

Wait until you meet someone in here who does not like the way you smile at them..I think you had a fine start. Welcome to the Forum Kman.

John

10. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Cant guarantee it will be fine for everyone, but upgraded fine on my machine at home :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.