Vulnerabilities in firmware of various routers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by MrBrian, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

That's why I use DDWRT.

3. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

DDWRT is Open Source Third Party Firmware. Now, I am not stating that DDWRT is not professionally written, I am only
    stating that if there exists any chance of an vulnerability, that vulnerability now exists after flashing the
    Firmware of the claimed supported Router with DDWRT. Reason being, DDWRT may not be fully compatable with claimed
    supported Router because of technical reasons due to specific manufacture design by the companies Router.

Besides, all the Routers listed with vulnerabilities by the US_CERT Cyber Security Bulletin SB11-332 that was provided
    in the link of this Thread in Post #1, all but two of the listed Routers vulnerabilities were in regards to
    The UPnP IGD Implementation (Universal Plug and Play Internet Gateway Device Implementation).

The simple and safe remidy for this would be to: Disable Universal Plug and Play in the Router.

HKEY1952

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.