vsmvhk.dll

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by spy1, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Okay, trying. Thanks. Pete

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2005
  2. dog

dog Guest

That's very strange Pete ... but I've just installed SysInternals Filemon too ... so I can't explain at all.

If you use SysInternal Process Explorer ... what are the properties of that dll?

I wonder if it's connected to Shadow User?

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2005
  3. dog

dog Guest

Along the same lines as the above ... in TDS under "System Analysis" -> "Process List" ... Highlight the Shadow User exe and right-click and select "View Process Modules"

... I'm really leaning toward believing it's connected to Shadow Users ... because of the log file

Steve

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I installed the latest ShadowUser trial (after imaging) and it did indeed drop vsmvhk.dll into \system32. I kept a copy before restoring. MD5: A3CD095B82EDD4BDA1C1053A167A4464. Hope it helps.

Nick

5. peteatwork

peteatwork Guest

Bingo - mystery solved! That's cool, I don't have any problem with it being a part of ShadowUser - I should have thought to ask them about it myself, actually (that's probably from when I got the beta 2.5 time-period).

Thanks everyone! Sorry I wasn't smart enough to figure it out myself. Pete

6. dog

dog Guest

Thanks for confirming Nick (BTW it was very nice of you to go through the trouble of imaging and installing - Thanks) ;)

I'm glad it's solved Pete. :) and .... Don't put yourself down, my friend, I know you're one smart cookie. ;)

~If there was someone who could solve every PC mystery/question ... they'd not only be extremely rich ... but there wouldn't be a need for any us or all the support forums net. Not even an experts, expert knows -or- can figure out everything ... we all continually grow and learn~

Warm Regards,

Steve

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Thanks Nick, very valuable and added to my trusted dll's :)

indeed mystery solved :D

Inf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.