VPNs having Linux GUI-client?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Uitlander, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Uitlander

Uitlander Registered Member

Anyone know which VPNs offer a GUI client for linux users? This has proven to be much more difficult to discover from Google searches than I thought. Before I contact each provider individually, I decided to ask here. Currently I have determined AirVPN, IBVPN, & Mulvad do, but hoping I will not have to contact the others:
    Boleh VPN
    Froot VPN
    IVPN
    Nord VPN
    VPN Area
    Anyone know if these offer a GUI-client for Linux users?

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Not many VPNs offer a GUI for Linux, mostly you have to use CLI or network manager. You can find out if they do on their web pages.
    I have found one and use OVPN that cares about Linux users too :) They have the same GUI for Linux as in Windows. Very happy with it.

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

For your needs as described AirVpn is the winner. Their client is named Eddie and works like a charm on Linux. I use several of the key providers praised "in house" here. Many great providers do NOT offer a good GUI client for Linux. If you are experienced with Linux you don't require a GUI client but it makes life so easy. Recommend you go read their forums and examine the client ----- airvpn.org There is no requirement to be a paid user to join and read in the forum.

4. Anatoly

Anatoly Registered Member

I am a regular user of IVPN and they recently launched a beta GUI for Linux. I've just started using it and so far, so good.

5. Palancar

Is the client totally open source?

6. Lyx

Lyx Registered Member

Alas, for many VPN providers: Linux User => Elite Hacker => Does already know anything => Doesn't need any specific client or GUI.

7. Palancar

While that may be very true, the reality is that WE have family members that we would like to keep safe online as well. They can't handle non-GUI and crumble when anything flinches on their systems. My family loves the GUI client I have set up for them. If you want to make VPNs totally mainstream you have to remove the learning curve for potential users. A quality VPN is a remarkable tool. I want to direct folks to a server bank that is solid and reliable. There really are some absolute crappy mainstream VPN offerings around the globe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.