VPN problem, I think a bug firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by freestart, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freestart

freestart Registered Member

Hi,

when I try to connect with a vpn service, in interactive mode, eset smart sercurity ask me always every time a rule even if I select "Remember action (create rule)"; why? I don't understand. I have also created a manual rule with port 47 and 1723 and ip range used of vpn services. Look the screenshots please! I think that it is a bug of eset firewall.

Best Regards and thanks for your help!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Is the remote computers IP changing. I can connect fine from mine and Eset aint popping up a Dialog. make sure its the same IP and same port its coming in on. :)

3. freestart

how can I do it? do you say that I must put a static ip (es. 82.233.183.2) in tcpip of the my local net?

PS. however I have put a rage in eset firewall and I have enabled all the ports on that range, please look the screenshot up; it is strange.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  4. freestart

I have put a static ip address in my local net but nothing, so it doesn't even connect.

I repeat, I have tried of everything; I have also put an ip range with all the ip and ports used by the vpn service but eset always asks me a new rule, I don't understand because, it is strange, I think that it is a bug of program. :'(

5. freestart

Please can you post a screenshot of your rule? thanks!

6. freestart

I have finally found where the problem resides, in the rules eset for default put these rules (look screenshot) and every time that I connect with vpn it intercepts a Publisher unknown (look first screenshot up). How can I disale these rules? thanks for answer

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.