vpn freeware - hotspot shield?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by scrty001, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrty001

scrty001 Registered Member

I've been trying to find a proxy for browsing the net but, I wasn't able to find any good reliable proxies, none of them seem to have a guaranteed uptime and some are too slow and won't access sites.

then I found this hotspot shield vpn that is for public wifi.

anybody use this software? It's a free vpn software, I didn't have any problems setting it up and not having any internet speed issues unlike proxies. is this just as secure as all the paid vpn services advertised? It's probably not good for really good anonymity since they don't state if they log ip's and their servers I believe are in the u.s. but, is it good enough to keep your traffic private from your isp?

2. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I would like to resurrect this old thread wondering if anyone has any comments? Is this a good way to deal with Wifi at Hotspots or not?:doubt:

Looking for a solution I also stumbled across iPig - so any users with experience re this program, please share your thoughts http://www.iopus.com/iPig/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.