Voting Machine Sold on eBay Contained 650,000 Unprotected Voter Records

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by hawki, Aug 3, 2017.

1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"Hackers find over 650,000 US voter records on voting machine sold on eBay

The voting machine reportedly contained sensitive and personal voter data of residents of Shelby County in Tennessee.

A US government voting machine, which was reportedly sold on eBay was found to contain personal and sensitive data of over 650,000 US voters. The machine was reportedly purchased by white-hat hackers for use at the Def Con hacker conference in Las Vegas. Although organisers believed that the voting machine, an ExpressPoll-5000, had been wiped clean of all data, the hackers instead found it contained sensitive data.

The data on the machine was reportedly not encrypted or password-protected..."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/hackers-find-over-650000-us-voter-records-voting-machine-sold-ebay-1633262

In other news: "Tennessee Secretary of State Nominated for 2017 Einstein Award..."

2. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

I used to buy broken laptops on eBay, repair and resell them.
    One in particular had scores of sexual pictures and videos of a couple and all kinds of other personal info. Out of curiosity I looked them up on face book, sure enough they were the people in the pictures and videos.
    Lucky for them it was me who bought that laptop. I just wiped the hard drive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.