VMDK Mounter: Error Message, VDI Image Won't Stay Mounted

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by MacVirtualBoxUser, Oct 17, 2015.

1. MacVirtualBoxUser

MacVirtualBoxUser Registered Member

Hello. Earlier today I downloaded, registered and installed Paragon VMDK Mounter 2.4 for OS X, to use on my El Capitan 10.11 iMac.

With this app, I was able to easily open a VirtualBox VDI image file, mount it on my OS X desktop just like a DMG image file, and see its full contents.

However, before I could even try doing anything with the contents of the opened VDI image, in less than two minutes, Paragon VMDK Mounter shut down, and the VDI image unmounted from my desktop.

I have tried repeatedly since then to open the same VDI image file. However, while each time the VDI image does mount on my OS X desktop, it is immediately followed within a second or two by an on-screen notification which says:

"Disk Not Ejected Properly. Eject "disk name here" before disconnecting or turning it off."

. . . And then the VDI image immediately unmounts from my OS X desktop. This happens every time that I try to mount and open the VDI image. Even rebooting my iMac does not resolve this issue.

Please note that I do NOT have VirtualBox running at the time that I try to mount the VDI image.

I was so happy to find Paragon VMDK Mounter, but now I am feeling rather frustrated.

So my question is this: Is this an incompatibility with El Capitan which hasn't been resolved yet? Or is there some other reason why the VDI image won't remain mounted on my OS X desktop so that I can work with it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may respond.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.