Vista's Snipping Tool

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Osaban, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

There's something odd happening whenever I use Vista's snipping tool: Somehow after selecting the image with the tool and saving it say to the desktop, my internet browsing becomes suddenly very slow (I mean really slow, to open a new page it can take up to 15 seconds). My workaround is to close and restart the browser, or doing an outright reboot.

Very annoying to say the least, and I don't know how long this has been happening, whether it is inbuilt or configuration related. Another strange behaviour worth mentioning is the image newly created by the snipping tool takes almost 1 minute to preview it for the first time (although this is happening to any image created for the first time, even with photoshop).

Opening the image afterwards is instantaneous. I've had Vista Ultimate since April, therefore I wonder whether it is Vista related, what can be done about it, specifically about the sudden drop in the internet speed.

Thanks in advance for any thought

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

That is weird I am not sure why that would be but when I first started using snipping, I experienced some weird behavior my self. when I tried to open it did nothing other then freeze my pc useless for about thirty seconds,then it would open and work.This happened every time I used it.This went on for about a month or two,then like magic the problem vanished and its been perfect since.Just thought I would mention it.I thought I was the only one that had a flaky snipping tool.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Well at least I'm not alone, and hopefully it'll go away as in your experience. Not being a security issue per se, it doesn't seem to raise any interest in this community, I can live with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.