Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by toploader, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toploader

toploader Registered Member

hi there - when Vista comes out next year will you upgrade? or are you happy to cruise along using your existing 32bit? O/S - i won't be upgrading for some considerable time - all my apps are 32 bit and you can bet they won't install on Vista :D

2. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Heh, I won't be upgrading to Vista, I will be upgrading to XP pro (I'm currenty running 2000 pro), I'd rather not jump into an OS that will most likely have 100's of security holes out of the box, where as XP is the same way, but its been tested and used extensively to pretty much pin point everything you need to do to secure, where as Vista has not been used except for those who are beta testers and those who have pirated it. Also, Vista is a 32 bit OS, it will come in 32 and 64 variants respectively (Just as XP does now.) so if you're running a 32 bit CPU and a 32 bit variant of Vista, most likely most of your programs will already run on it. (Although, I am not sure, haven't been keeping up with the whole vista thing, I doubt many security apps will work with vista though.)

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I shall wait a while...how long... :doubt: that will depend on to many factors that can not be determined at this particular time.

Security holes as have been mentioned for one. How many $$ I have at the time and what the current state of my machines are, just to name a few more.

I certainly will not be one of the early adopters.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

If I can get my hands on another box (that would make 7 - the wife hates it ;) )

I might install it just to play with it.

5. toploader

had a search for a faq and found
    http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/vista.asp

6. toploader

in theory vista is going to very secure (in theory) i usually wait till they reach the service pack 2 version - hopefully most of the bugs will be ironed out by then.

7. toploader

boxes are getting cheaper everyday Capp - why not get the wife one for her birthday? ;)

8. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

i will wait maybe 2 or 3 months.

enough to hear ppl comments about it if they really like it etc....

i will read th reviews when it come out and if its very stable and its secure then i will upgarde.

as well the new windows will have more and better things games would be better played in vista etc...

but i would like to wait untill my security program release a vista version first. :D

9. toploader

i think you are right to wait a while chaos - compatibility with XP software apps is one i would want to know about too.

10. Capp

Capp Registered Member

lol...I'll let you convince her of that.
    I can get a box for cheap, I just have to actually go get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.