(Vista)WindowsPhotoGallery.exe trojan when fixing picture.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tranzy, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tranzy

tranzy Registered Member

I get a trojan warning when i change a picture in Windows Photo Gallery in Vista Ultimate. for example when i have to fix some red eyes and press the go back to gallery arrow, i get this(see below)

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7715/trojanscreenka8.jpg

Another problem i have is when i download something small (or big) i takes almost a minute before i can use the downloaded file. When i look in taskmanager i see the nod32 service taking up a lot of CPU.

EDIT:
    Here''s the funny part. I have never had a viruys on my computer. I own a new digicam as of yesterday and i ONLY have this problem with the pictures i have taken with my new camera.... a Samsung Digimax L55W. All other pictures are fine.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

The first one I just tested in Home Premium and nothing popped up.
    Think I fixed 3 red eye images and nothing.

Second could be a self extracting archive which takes a lot of time to scan, depending on size and files inside of course.

Edit: I see it's your digital camera photos, which is extremely odd.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  3. tranzy

tranzy Registered Member

it's very strange ... not sure what i should do. Complete system scan does nothing.

I downloaded img burn...which is 1.49mb and taks 5 seconds to download, and 1 minute to complete the last second and move from the temp folder to the dowload folder.

4. Brian N

I would zip WindowsPhotoGallery.exe and an image of a wall or something and send it to support(at)eset.com with a link to this thread.
    You may also want to try samples(at)eset.com

5. tranzy

tranzy Registered Member

about my dowload problem. Only disabling all services in NOD32 makes my download finsh fast.

6. Brian N

It seems to scan all files in the setup file before passing it on to the system.
    I bet some of the files inside the setup are packed with UPX - NOD is painfully slow at scanning those.

So you either have to disable scanning of self-extracting files or live with the slowdown when downloading upx packed files inside nullsoft installers.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is completely not necessary . Do the following to fix your download issues:

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  8. tranzy

tranzy Registered Member

I have vista and everything is set the same as the picture.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ah , sorry , my typing mistake . It works for Vista , too . You can do it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.