Vista Slipstream

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kamy, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamy

kamy Registered Member

Hi is it possible to make a slip stream for a preinstalled Vista with no cd the factory did not give me a cd nor are they willing to thankyou

I Just want it easier for my self for when i do at anytime format my pc that i can install the patches and fixes along with the Updates all in one go

Is this possible?

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Have you thought about backing up? Usually 7-10 minutes for a restore without files.

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Having a lot of experience with XP and setup discs, you only need a copy of the source cd. MS used to actually send you one if you needed, of course with no key (win95 days if you could prove you had a legit key). I believe with vista the cd has the source for all versions, and it depends on your key as to which is actually installed. If that is the case you could create your own from a friends copy, and slipstream sp1 or sp2 into that. I have vista ultimate and I created a slipstreamed cd.

I have no idea if it is illegal or not to create your own source cd. I don't care for the way they do it now with the source on a partition. However, I have created a few restore cd's using the menu that is in that restore partition. It is not a full blown source cd what it creates, but more like an image of the default system that it writes to cd/dvd.

I would rather pay a little more and just have the actual cd, even if it is an OEM rather than retail. I suppose it is what keeps the price down though. I build my own computers from the beginning, never bought one prebuilt except laptops. But I have helped a ton of peeps who have dell's or hp's, and it is always handy to have a source cd that can take thier key for reinstalling the OS *WITHOUT* all the junk they like to stuff into thier OS.

Sul.

4. kamy

kamy Registered Member

Thankyou osaban and sully:)

I might have to purchase the Oem Or may just do Osaban method They should really give us the original cd rom after all we did pay for the operating system but i have had no luck they will not. I think backing up will have to be the way to go as i fell outdone by having to buy a oem kind of twice

Thankyou guys both helpfull advice for me:-:)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.