vista see any cd/dvd like blank

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by goodguy, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodguy

goodguy Registered Member

I don't know if there is the good place for my question. However I explain mine:
    I have windows vista and all cd/dvd that I put on my dvd/cd reader/writer, the OS read them
    like dvd/cd blank. Now I don't know what i must doing for vista reading them, help me please.

Regards

2. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Do you mean that every CD or DVD gets read, and can be opened from "Computer", but shows up as having no data on them ?

Have you tried updating your DVD player's Device Driver software (and firmaware id available) ?

3. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

This is probably the right place, lots of good minds and computer savy people. I would be surprised if you can't get help here.
    I hear a lot of complaints such as yours and I usually ask a few questions. First how where these DVD/cds made? ( Ie: what program did you use to burn them). Have you tried a Movie DVD?
    What kind of DVD drive is it? What flavor Vista. ( Home Basic, Home Premium etc.) Did you go to the manufactures site and see if there is new "firmware" for it?
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.?
    When I first read some of the problems people were having with their DVDs and CDs being read on their Vista machines I panicked and grabbed my old DVDs and CDs and tried them all. Every one of them worked thank-god! I have some made with Windows XP, Nero burning rom, EasyCD and Ashampoo. Every one runs fine in my Vista "Home Premium" computer.
    Hope someone can figure this out, a lot of people will give a big sigh of relief !
    Hi RAD was busy typing while you were responding so some duplicate questions are asked.

4. goodguy

goodguy Registered Member

Hi, thanks a lot for the replies! I solved, the problem was the firmware. Now it's updgraded and working.

5. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Glad to hear it, good for you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.